Apply Now: 2023-2024 Progress of Ideas Grants
The foundation invites applications on a wide array of topics related to the works, policy solutions, and political and ethical implications of Henry George, including land value taxation, economic justice, free trade, and contributing to the public good without exacerbating inequality. A non-exhaustive list of implicated topics includes:
- Sprawl and suburbanization
- Pandemic-induced migration and residential location
- Infrastructure spending
- Public investment and value capture
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation, impacts, human migration
- Gentrification and displacement
- Native American and indigenous land rights
- Progressive Era history and politics, influence of Henry George
- Equity in taxation and public finance
- Trends in property assessment practice
The “Progress of Ideas” Grant Program is open to U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, and provides support of up to $10,000 for qualifying research projects.
Please create a user account using the form below. You will receive an email with a link to verify the account. Once you have done this and log in, you will be able to save progress for your grant application directly on the website. To continue working on your application, sign in below and your previous content will be available.
Please download and read the instructions before completing your application. The deadline for applications is December 16, 2022. Grantees will be notified by January 20, 2023.
If you have any difficulties with the online form or you have any questions, please email [email protected].