The RSF Blog will serve to increase readers’ understanding of current issues through a Georgist lens. Posts should represent the writers’ viewpoints and opinions, and should be written so as to spur conversation and debate.
Posts on the RSF website are meant to serve as a resource for individuals – Georgists and not-yet-Georgists alike – interested in exploring a Georgist take on what’s happening around the world on any given day.
The best posts will:
- Be timely – if it’s making headlines, it’s a good topic for the blog
- Be succinct – the whole post should be summed up in the (punchy!) headline you give it
- Be bold – don’t be afraid to take a stand on the issue you’re covering
- Be written in a way that is accessible to all readers, regardless of their familiarity with Georgist principles (i.e. no jargon, no unexplained references)
- Be written in a conversational (i.e. non academic) voice
- Familiarize the reader with the general topic under consideration before introducing the Georgist perspectiveInclude links to related resources and organizations
- Galvanize the reader to react and/or do something concrete
- 800 – 2800 words
Format for sharing:
- Share a Google doc or email a Word doc to Vajra Minter at [email protected]
- Link to other content whenever relevant. Every link included must add value for readers.
Paragraph length and spacing:
- Keep paragraphs short. No longer than 5 lines.
- One or two spaces after a period is acceptable.
- Use headers and subheaders to break up your post.
- Avoid big blocks of text.
- When writing headlines be specific and indicate a benefit to the reader. Read “How to Write a Headlines” if you need pointers.
- Use bullet or numbered lists.
- End the post with a question or a call to action for comments. The more specific, the better.
We love images! We use them to break up text, make the blog post scannable and to support data. Ideally, we include one image at every scroll depth, so an image is always visible.
- Include one header image
- All post images must be at least 710px wide.
- No stock photos/photos to which you do not hold the rights
- Include images that illustrate images that illustrate the topic of the post
- If you’re having trouble finding appropriate images for your post, please contact Vajra Minter at [email protected]
- Every post must be accompanied by an Author bio
- Author bio should be 50 words max.
- Include a headshot (Note: we can use the image on the RSF website associated with your Director bio, if necessary)
- Link to your social media and personal websites
We may edit your post or bounce it back to you for revisions. We may edit anchor text and links that are not relevant to your post.
We ask that your article not be published elsewhere previously, or simultaneously. If you’d like to republish a guest post that ran on the RSF site, please wait at least 2 weeks to do so. Update it to make it current and link to the original post.
We ask that your articles be submitted 7 calendar days prior to your scheduled run date.
Please be available the day your article is published and the following days to respond to comments.
Please plan to promote your post throughout your social networks. We ask that you share it more than once on multiple networks over multiple days. The time frame and scheduling is up to you.