- The content of the pages of the Site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on the Site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, Services, or information available through this Site meet your specific requirements.
- By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Your use of any information on the Site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- You agree that any Service provided by The Robert Schalkenbach Foundation, is based solely on the information provided by you and you are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your information. You acknowledge and agree that The Robert Schalkenbach Foundation, is not liable for any injury or damage caused by any inaccuracies, false statements, or omissions.
- You acknowledge and agree that The Robert Schalkenbach Foundation has the right to refuse any Service on the Site for any reason.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the property of Provider and other parties. You are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or Sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of Provider or such third party which may own the Marks. All information and content located on the Site is protected by copyright. You are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes. Unauthorized use of the Site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- THE ROBERT SCHALKENBACH FOUNDATION, DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR WITHOUT DELAY, AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WHILE THE ROBERT SCHALKENBACH FOUNDATION, TAKES REASONABLE PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MEASURES TO SECURE THE SERVICE, THE ROBERT SCHALKENBACH FOUNDATION, DOES NOT GUARANTY THAT THE SERVICE CANNOT BE COMPROMISED AND THE ROBERT SCHALKENBACH FOUNDATION, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM A SECURITY BREACH.
- The Site may allow you to upload photographs, videos and other content to the Site and/or App and allow you to share same through your other social media accounts, if applicable. You may not transmit, retransmit, redirect, or store material in violation of federal or state laws or regulations, industry or community standards, including, but not limited to, obscenity, indecency, defamatory or material infringing trademarks or copyrights. You may not abuse or fraudulently use the Site. You represent that you are the owner of all material you upload and doing so does not infringe upon any third-party rights. Provider retains the right to remove without notice all material it considers to be in violation of any of its policies. When you upload content to or through our Site, you give Provider a worldwide license to use, store, reproduce, modify, communicate, publish, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services.
- This Site provides links to other Sites by allowing you to leave this Site to access third-party material or by bringing third-party material into this Site via “inverse” hyperlinks and framing technology (a “Linked Site”). Provider has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on a linked Site. The fact that Provider has provided a link to a Site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such Site, its owners, or its providers. There are inherent risks in relying upon, using or retrieving any information found on the internet, and Provider urges you to make sure you understand these risks before relying upon, using, or retrieving any such information on a linked Site.
- All content, products and Services on the Site, or obtained from a Site to which the Site is linked (a “linked Site”) are provided to you “AS IS” without warranty of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security or accuracy.
- Provider does not endorse and is not responsible for (a) the accuracy or reliability of an opinion, advice or statement made through the Site by any party other than Provider, (b) any content provided on linked Sites or (c) the capabilities or reliability of any product or service obtained from a linked Site. Other than as required under applicable consumer protection law, under no circumstance will Provider be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Site or a linked Site, or your reliance on any product or service obtained from a linked Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content available through the Site, or obtained from a linked Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific opinion, advice, product, service, or other content.
- The information, software, products and descriptions of Services published on the Site or a linked Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors, and Provider specifically disclaims any liability for such inaccuracies or errors. Provider does not warrant or represent that the content on the Site is complete or up-to-date. Provider is under no obligation to update the content on the Site. Provider may change the content on the Site at any time without notice. Provider may make improvements or changes to the Site at any time. We have made every effort to display, as accurately as possible, the colors of our products on our Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
- You agree that Provider, Its affiliates and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents will not be liable, whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, for any indirect, punitive, special, consequential, incidental or indirect damages (including without limitation lost profits, cost of procuring substitute service or lost opportunity) arising out of or in connection with the delay or inability to use the Site or a linked Site, or with the delay or inability to use the Site or a lined Site, even if Provider is made aware of the possibility of such damages. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any viruses which may infect your equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone or interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, strikes or other labor problems or any force majeure. Provider cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site.
- It is your exclusive obligation to maintain and control passwords to your account. You are exclusively responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your user name and password. You agree to immediately notify Provider of any unauthorized uses of your user name and password or any other breaches of security. Provider will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind, under any legal theory, caused by your failure to comply with the foregoing security obligations or caused by any person to whom you grant access to your account.
- You agree to indemnify Provider, its directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liabilities, damages, claims, expenses and losses that arise as a result of your misuse of the information, content and/or Services provided in connection with this Site.
- Your use of the Provider Site and any dispute arising out of such use of the Site is subject to the laws of the State of New Jersey, United States of America and applicable federal law without regard to conflicts of laws principles.
- You agree that Provider, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason may terminate any account (or any part thereof) you may have with Provider or use of the Site at any time. Provider may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to the Site or Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that Provider will not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination.
- This along with any additional service agreement you may sign makes up the entire agreement between you and The Robert Schalkenbach Foundation, relating to the subject matter herein and will not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties or by a change in the Terms made by The Robert Schalkenbach Foundation, as set forth in the preamble to these Terms.
THE ROBERT SCHALKENBACH FOUNDATION hereinafter known as “Provider,” “us” or “we”) currently owns and operates the website known as www.schalkenbach.org (the “Site”). To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and committed to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and secure online experience.
Personal information is accessible only to staff, agents, or contractors of Provider.
This privacy statement applies to all Provider-owned web sites and domains. This privacy statement covers personally identifiable information and anonymous data collection. Personally identifiable information is any information that is associated with your name or personal identity.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect personal information when you sign up to subscribe to our service. This information may include, but is not limited to: name, gender, date of birth, username you choose, telephone number, e-mail address.
You will be asked to create a User profile. You will choose a username. You may choose to upload a photo and approximate geographic location. This will be public. If you choose to upload letters we will share only the letter (not your personal information) with the recipient User. We urge you to not share your personal information with the recipient.
We endeavor to limit our requests to information we believe is reasonably necessary to achieve our purposes as described in the next paragraph.
We use Google Analytics to collect general demographic information about website visitors (device type, user location, browser software, pages visited) in order to monitor and improve our site performance. No individual or personally identifiable user data is collected by the website, and we do not sell or provide outside access to any user information.
Any additional information collected through the website is provided by users opting in to receive additional information from The Robert Schalkenbach Foundation, such as updates about programming or scholarship/grant opportunities through electronic newsletters or other marketing platforms.
HOW WE USE IT
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To set up and manage your account and allow us to manage submitted applications
- To collect donor information
- To update you about programming or scholarship/grant opportunities
- To process credit card transactions
- To personalize your Site experience
- To create your User profile only displaying your username, uploaded photo and approximate geographic location, if applicable
- To contact you for User feedback
- To notify you of updates and change in policy
- To provide you with promotional materials such as our newsletter
WHO WE SHARE IT WITH
We never sell or rent your personal information. Provider may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation, or in good faith to (a) comply with legal processes served on the site, or (b) protect the rights and property of Provider, or (c) where our records indicate fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of, or (d) where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
Provider may transfer information about Users if Provider is acquired by or merged with another company. Provider is not responsible for notifying User of such changes.
When you register for e-mail updates, Provider will not share your information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above. We use personal information to reply to inquiries, handle complaints, provide operational notices, keep records up to date to notify you via periodic e-mails of technical service issues, specials, or other related product/service information. Your information may be shared with agents or contractors of Provider for the purpose of performing service for Provider.
The online registration at Provider is designed to give you options concerning the privacy of your e-mail and any other information you provide us. Provider is committed to data security with respect to information collected on our site. We offer the industry standard security measures available through your browser called SSL encryption.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Provider strictly protects the security of your personal information. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your username and password, so do not share these with others.
We use SSL encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as personal information.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time by logging into your account.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as password and username, before granting access to your data.
Our web sites are not setup to track, collect or distribute personal information. Our site does generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes only. The statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
Provider Web sites use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Provider services or Web sites you visit.
INDIVIDUALS UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that such individuals not provide personal information through the Site.